Careers in Canada
Vale is a global mining company with deep roots in Canada.
Find your place. Discover the career possibilities at Vale.
A new way of being Vale
Vale is embarking on a cultural transformation. We are building a culture that fosters Diversity and Inclusion.
Launch your career with Vale
At Vale, we are here to transform ourselves into a more inclusive, safe, sustainable and innovative organization.
New Graduate Program
About the program
Who are we looking for?
The Global Trainee program welcomes all recent graduates.
- Graduates who have completed their programs between May 2020 – May 2023; Ability to demonstrate leadership potential;
- A respect for our people and the planet;
- Strategic mindset;
- Broad understanding of Vale’s business practices;
- Digital mindset;
- Willingness to relocate or travel within Canada;
- and Advanced or fluent in English.
Learn more about the Global Trainee Program
As a Global Trainee, you will have access to opportunities such as:
- A customized career development program;
- Mentorship from senior leaders;
- Valuable networking opportunities, including facilitated sessions with Vale’s Board of Directors;
- Contributing to real business projects and decisions across disciplines;
- Unique opportunity to tour underground mine sites and understand the supply chain from the bottom-up.
September and October: Application
October and November: Evaluation
November: Interviews with managers
May 2023: Onboarding
In addition to the opportunity for development and learning, the company offers excellent benefits, such as:
- Market-competitve salary
- Attractive pension plan and health benefits (company paid core coverage, flex health and dental coverage, flex accounts, disability plans and optional insurances)
- Leave for all of life’s reasons: (vacation, flex, sick, top up for maternity/parental)
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- Online training and career development opportunities
Other Early Career Programs
Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA)
Vale Canada Limited is committed to accessibility in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (“AODA”) and its regulations and will endeavor to ensure that individuals with disabilities are meaningfully able to integrate in its workplace
Accessibility for Manitobans Act (AMA)
Vale Canada Limited (“Vale” or “the Company”) is committed to accessibility in accordance with The Accessibility for Manitobans Act (AMA)” and its Regulations and will endeavour to ensure that individuals with disabilities are meaningfully able to integrate in its workplace