Careers in Canada
We’re changing with the world. Be part of our evolution.
Find your place. Discover the career possibilities at Vale.
A new way of being Vale
Vale is embarking on a cultural transformation. We are building a culture that fosters Diversity and Inclusion.
Launch your career with Vale
At Vale, we are here to transform ourselves into a more inclusive, safe, sustainable and innovative organization.
New Graduate Program
About the program
Who are we looking for?
The Global Trainee program welcomes all recent graduates.
- Graduates who have completed their programs between May 2020 – May 2023; Ability to demonstrate leadership potential;
- A respect for our people and the planet;
- Strategic mindset;
- Broad understanding of Vale’s business practices;
- Digital mindset;
- Willingness to relocate or travel within Canada;
- and Advanced or fluent in English.
Learn more about the Global Trainee Program
As a Global Trainee, you will have access to opportunities such as:
- A customized career development program;
- Mentorship from senior leaders;
- Valuable networking opportunities, including facilitated sessions with Vale’s Board of Directors;
- Contributing to real business projects and decisions across disciplines;
- Unique opportunity to tour underground mine sites and understand the supply chain from the bottom-up.
September and October: Application
October and November: Evaluation
November: Interviews with managers
May 2023: Onboarding
In addition to the opportunity for development and learning, the company offers excellent benefits, such as:
- Market-competitve salary
- Attractive pension plan and health benefits (company paid core coverage, flex health and dental coverage, flex accounts, disability plans and optional insurances)
- Leave for all of life’s reasons: (vacation, flex, sick, top up for maternity/parental)
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- Online training and career development opportunities
Other Early Career Programs
Why work at Vale?